Product added to cart
“The Great Basin Saddlebag roll top has proven to be a fully dependable means of securely hauling gear during even the most adventurous outings. The materials, design and functionality provide confidence that vital gear will arrive undamaged, no matter the conditions….”
-Seiji Ishii, Upshift Online Magazine
- Straps on and stays on—no matter what.
- Provides 68 liters (4,150 cubic inches) of packable volume.
- Waterproof: Made from rugged Bomb Shell™ materials with double reinforced ballistic nylon impact zones constructed to be completely waterproof, mudproof, snowproof, and dustproof when used with included Dry Pods™.
- Included set of three RF-welded waterproof inner liner Saddlebag Dry Pods™ with air release valves keep gear dry and organized.
- Add a Rogue™ or Tillamook™ Dry Bag and/or Possibles Pouch™ external pocket for expanded capacity (available separately).
- Side compression straps with integrated grab handles provide a way to handle the packed bag or can be used to push, pull, or pick up the motorcycle in case of a tip over.
The Great Basin Saddlebag is designed to sit on the pillion seat and anchor to the passenger footpeg mounts. It can be positioned differently on every machine and according to each rider’s preference. Each make and model may be slightly different, as will each rider’s stature and preference.
Taller riders may prefer to mount the saddlebag farther back on a tail rack. Others may prefer to move the saddlebag up to provide a backrest while riding on pavement. On some makes and models, mounting the saddlebag partially on the tail rack provides easy access to the under-seat fuel tank.
The Great Basin Saddlebag fits virtually any motorcycle designed to carry a passenger, including:
- BMW GS models, and more with passenger pegs
- Ducati Multistrada, Monster, and more
- KTM Adventure models, 690 (w/passenger pegs), and more with passenger pegs
- Honda Rally Raid CB500X Adventure, Africa Twin, CRF250L, XR650L (w/passenger pegs), TransAlp, and more with passenger pegs
- Suzuki V-Strom, DR650, and more with passenger pegs
- Triumph Tiger, Explorer, and more with passenger pegs
- Yamaha Super Ténéré, WR250 (w/passenger pegs), and more with passenger pegs
- Kawasaki KLR 650, Versys, Ninja, and more with passenger pegs
- And, just about any other bike designed to carry a passenger and with passenger pegs
NOTE: If you do not see your motorcycle listed here, contact us about compatibility.
The Great Basin is Giant Loop’s largest capacity rackless saddlebag that allows one to carry up to 68 liters of gear on virtually any motorcycle where the passenger usually sits. Because of its biomorphic design, the Great Basin Saddlebag emulates the human form by straddling the passenger seat in a vertical position, similar to how a passenger would sit. This positions the weight around the subframe to eliminate stress on the motorcycle.
Three seam-sealed waterproof inner liner dry bags (with air purge valves) keep gear organized on multi-day trips, and dry should any moisture penetrate the outer shell. Upon arriving at your destination, the dry bags can be removed and taken to your campsite or hotel room, leaving the saddlebag attached to the motorcycle. And with Giant Loop’s adventure proof packing system, you can expand your carrying capacity by adding a Fandango Tank Bag™, double-ended Tillamook Dry Bag™, or two Possibles Pouches™.
The Great Basin fits virtually any sport, sport-touring, scrambler, standard, naked, adventure touring, or dual-sport motorcycle with a passenger seat and passenger footpegs. No side luggage racks or saddlebag stays are required. Anchors directly to the passenger footpegs. Solid anchor points can be added to the motorcycle’s tail section by installing a Footmans Loop Anchor Kit. Every Great Basin Saddlebag includes a Hot Springs Heat Shield™ Kit to help prevent the saddlebag or side panels from making contact with exhaust components. A pair of stainless-steel Giant Loop Mounts can also be added to help keep anchor straps away from hot exhaust.
No matter what setup you choose, the Great Basin Saddlebag is designed to allow you to go light, go fast, and go far by carrying your gear where the passenger usually sits on the motorcycle. When not in use, simply unstrap and remove the saddlebag to return your bike to its stock setup.